Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Oh god I have NEVER been so disappointed in an announcement as I was for the Blizzard one at PAX East today… I admit I might have hyped it up a little bit, but I expected Blizzard to have a huge announcement, but alas I was wrong.
Before getting into the what it was, here is what Blizzard said about the announcement before PAX:
“Blizzard has a little something new, and they’re bringing it to PAX East! It’s different from their other games, so it’s not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO. Be among the first to see what the legendary development studio has been working on in this presentation.”
How can you not be over hyped about that one?! Yeah okay, I guess it might just have been me… But then let’s move on!
That’s right! Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, a Free-to-play strategy card game from Blizzard! Yeah, see why I’m disappointed now?! Okay, after I managed to calm down a little bit after the announcement, I have to say I am a little bit excited about this.. The ingame footage (and shoutcasting) made it look a lot more fun than I actually anticipated.
So just some quick facts about the game:
- The game is an Online CCG. It’s free to play.
- The game will be available on iPad as well.
- The Beta will come this summer and the game will be available this year.
- You can already sign up for Beta!!!
- HearthStone will launch on Windows and Mac.
- Over 300 cards in the game, 5 per pack, can earn and buy packs, many types of cards.
- A pack of cards will be around $1, but it’s nothing set in stone yet.
- You’ll be able to earn cards o build them yourself by disenchanting the spare ones.
- We will have common, rare, epics, and legendary cards.
- The game will be played as a hero: druid, mage, warlock, hunter, etc.
With that said, I am still hoping to see the Blizzard Allstar to be announced soon(ish)! But meanwhile I’ll wait patiently and cross my finger’s that I’ll get into the Hearthstone beta! But that’s it for me now guys, Mike is over and out!